Book Lust to Go: Recommended Reading for Travelers, Vagabonds, and Dreamers

Book Lust To Go: Recommended Reading for Travelers, Vagabonds, and Dreamers - Nancy Pearl Nancy Pearl aims to offer selections for all reading tastes and topics rather than saying "these are the best of the best and everyone should read them." With that in mind, I don't rate her books based on whether I liked the books she suggests. Instead, I rate them for the feeling of possibility, anticipation, and excitement she creates for me. Her love of books and their authors infuses every page. She always includes interesting personal anecdotes and a sprinkling of humor, so it's not just a dry list of books you should read. The sections in Book Lust to Go are presented according to region, city, state, or country. If you have an interest in a particular place, you can turn to that section and find both fiction and non-fiction offerings about its history, people, recent events, or fellow travelers' experiences. There are also some sections devoted to mode of travel rather than location, including sea voyages, river rides, mountain climbing, bicycle trips, train travel, and walking treks. Whether Cavorting through the Caribbean, Frolicking in Finland, Galloping Through the Galapagos, Sheltering in the Shetlands, or Peru(sing) Peru, there's something for everyone, if only for travel of the armchair variety. Pearl explains in the introduction that she has tried to avoid repeating suggestions. So if you think there are titles conspicuously missing from a particular section, you'll probably find they've already been mentioned in Book Lust or More Book Lust.