Telling the Bees - Peggy Hesketh Bee-fore you bee-gin this novel, it would bee-hoove you to bee sure you find bees sufficiently bee-guiling. I gave it a try, just to see what all the buzz was about, but I bee-lieve I'm going to arc-hive it for now. There is some bee-utiful writing, but it could have bee-n a honey of a story without so much bee lore. Exhibit BeeSample dialogue (yes, dialogue) from page 43:"Requeening the cross hive," I said. "Requeening is never my first choice. I usually try to hang a wave cloth near the flyway of a particularly testy hive. The constant flapping of the cloth in the breeze helps the bees to become accustomed to motion. This discourages them from rising forth to defend their hive from the occasional passerby. I have also found that several good puffs from a smoker can do much to calm an agitated hive when working in close quarters. But when all else fails, a cantankerous queen must be replaced."Intere-sting material for a work of nonfiction perhaps, but it bee-comes burdensome as part of a murder mystery. That's just my hum-ble opinion.