The Adventures of Pippi Longstocking - Astrid Lindgren, Michael Chesworth, Florence Lamborn, Gerry Bothmer Pippilotta Delicatessa Windowshade Mackrelmint Ephraim's Daughter LongstockingIf you loved Pippi as a kid, you probably had that memorized. My sister and I used to repeat it to each other frequently. Very useful for annoying the older siblings. With adulthood came the memory dump of all nonessential information, but as soon as I started re-reading the book it all came back to me. Maybe I should give the sibs a call and recite it, just to remind them how lucky they are to have me as a little sister. I really envied Pippi Longstocking when I was about ten years old. What kid wouldn't? These are the things that made me jealous:1)She lives alone in her very own house.2)She has a horse living on her veranda.3)She has a pet monkey named Mr. Nilsson. 4)She doesn't have to go to school.5)She's uncommonly strong--stronger than the strongman at the circus. She can even lift her own horse.6)She has a suitcase full of gold coins that never seem to run out.7)She says whatever she wants to say, and gets away with it. (She's really quite obnoxious and rude, which I never noticed as a kid.)This volume contains three Pippi books, but I only read the first two. One chapter into the third book, I was ready to move on to something else. When I was a child I strongly favored the first of the Pippi books, and that preference still stands. I was never as fond of Pippi in the South Seas, although I do love looking at the illustrations.